If so, we need your help! Please take 12 minutes to complete the following survey on English language proficiency in the aviation industry:
It is 8 years since all ICAO member states were declared to be compliant for English language proficiency requirements. So has the problem of clear, efficient and safe communication between pilots and air traffic controllers been solved?
With your help, we can find out!
Questions will be on the following subjects:
· Language proficiency of pilots and air traffic controllers during routine and non-routine situations
· The nature of low language proficiency when it is encountered on the radio
· The impact of low language proficiency on the safety and efficiency of air travel
· The reliability of Aviation English language testing
· The effect of native English speakers on aeronautical communication
All responses are anonymous and by completing this survey you will be contributing directly to our understanding of communication in the aviation industry. Your response will help us to make recommendations to ICAO and to other key organisations in the industry.
Thank you in advance, your time and effort is greatly appreciated!